Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
Objectives the Programme
The objective of the Electrical Engineering Program offered by the Department of Electrical and Telecommunications Engineering at the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Kampala international university is to prepare graduates to enter and be successful in the Electrical Engineering profession.
Graduates are expected to become licensed professional Engineers, and to reach responsible positions in a wide range of professional settings including consulting firms, industry or government. As well, this program will prepare students to begin and successfully complete graduate studies in engineering and/or post baccalaureate education in a professional degree program.
Specifically, by the end of the program students/learners will be able to:
- Acquire theoretical and practical knowledge, skills and talents needed in the world of work.
- Become employable to work in various fields like industries, government and other institutions in order to meet the Millennium and Sustainable Development Goals (i.e. Eradication of Poverty and Education for All)
Develop entrepreneurial skills, self-employed and job creators.
- Inculcate creativity and innovativeness into Electrical Engineering practices.
- Get firmly grounded with ethics in Electrical Engineering and develop them to meet the challenges of work and socio-economic environments.
- Develop a broad range of knowledge and skills necessary for a career in Electrical Engineering.
- Develop skills in Construction Technology, Electrical Engineering and production and project management.
- Have the ability to plan, design, and tender for and execute construction projects by working for and with other partners or by self-employment.