Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
Admission to the diploma in Mechanical Engineering (DME) program shall be done in accordance with Kampala International University procedures and regulations in line with the minimum requirements by the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE). In addition, a person qualifies for admission provided he/she satisfies minimum requirements of:
- At least one (1) Principal Pass in either Mathematics or Physics and two (2) subsidiaries in science subjects obtained at the same sitting (Must have done Mathematics and Physics at UACE).
- The Ugandan Certificate of Education with a minimum of 5 Passes obtained at the same sitting,
For purposes of computing entry points, the advanced level subjects shall carry the following weights:
- Essential: Physics and Mathematics,
- Relevant: Chemistry, Economics, Technical Drawing
- Desirable: General Paper and Computer Studies.
- A diploma in engineering related fields and in science disciplines that includes physics from a recognized institution
- Having passed the mature age entry examination administered by the University
- At Certificates approved by the University to be equivalent to any of those stated in parts (a) to (d) above.