KIU Trivia: June 18th in the Present and the Past
June 18, 2021, 8:26 am
This course introduces students to the fundamental aspects of building construction. It provides students with skills of the main aspects of brickwork, carpentry and joinery, setting up and construction of simple buildings.
It is aimed to develop a thorough understanding of the basics of building components and its construction
By the end of this course, the student should be able to:
· Appreciate the importance of site visits;
· Demonstrate understanding of the preliminary works, site works, and temporary works.
· Demonstrate the understanding of foundations and construction methods.
· Understand the concepts of bonding in brickwork, blockwork and stonework
A student on completing this course is expected to:
· Apply the preliminary works, site works, and temporary works in building and construction industry.
· Apply different types of foundations in construction of buildings and civil engineering structures
· Apply the knowledge of bonding, carpentry and joinery in practical construction
June 17, 2021, 3:40 pm
June 17, 2021, 11:00 am
June 17, 2021, 10:40 am