Methodology Of Teaching Religious Education
being an interdisciplinary subject, it requires a lot knowledge and skills for
delivery.Teacher trainees need a pedagogical framework from which to draw to
focus, refine, and reflect on their own practice of teaching and avoid
This course introduces
students into theories and practice concerning strategies and resources in the
teaching of religious education. An in depth critical analysis of the various
methodologies and resources ion the teaching of Religious Education.
The purpose of this
course is to help students establish a sound professional base on which to
build a successful teaching career.
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES
By end of the course
unit, students should be able to:
• Define the meaning of religious
• State the aims of Religious Education.
• Describe an objective and formulate
specific ones for Religious Education.
• Identify the needs and make use of
suitable scheme of work.
• Organize a detailed lesson plan for
teaching Religious Education.
• Identify the need for evaluation and how
to do it in Religious Education.