Energy Conservation And Efficiency
This course covers energy efficiency/conservation methods available for energy user
education. Energy-consuming facilities, both domestic and commercial, will be analyzed for energy efficiency opportunities. The energy savings and environmental impacts for most energy efficiency methods will be analysed to identify and assess energy conservation opportunities.
Students understand how they use energy and how it is transformed from one type to another and some basic concepts on reducing the amount of energy required providing products and services.
At the end of this course, the student should be able to:
- Identify, explain, and calculate the energy savings and economic savings,
- Apply energy efficiency measures to a given building site, and calculate environmental impacts..
A student on completing this course is expected to:
- Create a list of all energy consuming equipment within a building and in the building envelope, and research all possible energy conservation measures (ECMs) in the areas of HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning), lighting, motors, building envelope, and other building equipment.
- Identify and operate various data acquisition, monitoring, auditing, and system balancing equipment for energy analysis
- Demonstrate the appropriate usage of energy monitoring and measuring equipment commonly used by energy specialists and energy auditors.
- Identify and analyze possible energy conservation measures for performance