KIU Rangers’ Sharon Kirabo Summoned to National Team
June 18, 2021, 8:53 am
The course introduces students to the basic principles of fluid mechanics relevant for understanding pipe flow and open channel flow theories.
To acquire the theoretical and experimental knowledge of hydraulics of sediment transport, identifying the hydraulics formulas for fluid flow and sediment computation in open channels, and analyzing the flow and sediment characteristics of the water motion
By the end of this course, the student should be able to:
· Understand flow continuity equation and Bernoulli’s equation
· Develop an understanding of determination of flow velocities and head losses in pipe lines.
· Acquire knowledge of sediment transport and design of erodible and non erodible channels.
· Understand the concept of open channel flow
A student on completing this course is expected to:
· Analyse and the design pipelines, pipe networks for irrigation and drainage, Open channels, sewer systems and river works.
· Describe flow regulation in open channels using basic control structures
· Calculate head loss in pipes
· Design a simple water distribution system
June 17, 2021, 3:40 pm
June 17, 2021, 11:00 am
June 17, 2021, 10:40 am