KIU Rangers’ Sharon Kirabo Summoned to National Team
June 18, 2021, 8:53 am
This course introduces student to the historical development of roads, their elements, materials used and construction, aspects of geometric design of highways. It examines all parameters involved in the design and construction of highways.
This course provides the basic knowledge required for the planning, design, construction, operation, and maintenance of roads, bridges, and tunnels to ensure safe and effective transportation of people and goods
By the end of this course, the student should be able to:
· Acquire the knowledge of types of road pavements
· Apply the principles of highways to select road material.
· Understand the geometric design of highways.
· Understand the concept and principles of highway maintenance
A student on completing this course is expected to:
· Explain the history of the development of roads, soil survey for road construction.
· Know how to plan and layout roads, about route Surveys and Selection of routes, the various road construction techniques.
· Distinguish the types of pavements, the maintenance of roads.
· Plan and surveying routes for a new highway;
· Carry out a geometric design of highways;
· Develop highway construction and maintenance techniques;
· Assess environmental effects and prepare an environmental impact assessment of a new highway.
June 17, 2021, 3:40 pm
June 17, 2021, 11:00 am
June 17, 2021, 10:40 am