Principles And Practice Of Management
PPM is an introductory course that discusses the general principles that guide managerial practices and enable managers to realize organizational goals, objectives and mission in suitable and competitive manner. It examines issues like the nature and functions of management, the role of the manager in business, the evolution in management thought and the environment of management. Specific principles and techniques in managerial planning, organizing, directing, controlling and decision making are also discussed. A review of organizational activities such as marketing, finance, production, and human resource management is made.
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOME
This course unit is designed to give student’s basic understanding of the role and function of managers and to explain the principles, concepts and techniques used by managers in carrying out their work.
After completing this course unit, the student will be able to:
· Explain the role of management in Organization
· Demonstrate the understanding of management principles and techniques
· Apply management theories in organization
· Describe the environment forces affecting management
· Apply the principles of management to function areas of management