KIU Rangers’ Sharon Kirabo Summoned to National Team
June 18, 2021, 8:53 am
The course introduces and examines the major principles and practices encountered during the “Flexible and Rigid Pavement Design Process” of highway systems, and parking design.
This course provides advanced knowledge required for the planning, design, construction, operation, and maintenance of roads, bridges, and tunnels to ensure safe and effective transportation of people and goods
By the end of this course, the student should be able to:
· Design a flexible and rigid pavement.
· Design drainage and parking area.
· Understand road construction and technology
· Distinguish the types of pavement materials.
A student on completing this course is expected to:
· Survey possible routes; assess traffic flow, measure subgrade strength.
· Design parking yard for a given institution
· Supervise the construction of road pavements
· Carry out a structural design of pavements;
· Develop knowledge and skills in pavement construction.
June 17, 2021, 3:40 pm
June 17, 2021, 11:00 am
June 17, 2021, 10:40 am