To equip the learners with the basic communication skills in French. At this level, emphasis is laid on pronunciation so that the learners get acquainted with the new sounds; basic requirements for sentence construction (Subject, verb, object); formal and informal communication situations.
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES
By the end of the course unit, students should be able to:
- Introduce themselves (both oral and written forms) by saying their name, nationality, residence.
- Introduce someone else
- Greet and spell their names using the French alphabet
- Ask / give information about themselves in a very simple manner
- Express their tastes and preferences in a very simple manner
- Name objects / use articles