Human Anatomy: Histology And Embryology
In this course, students are taught how to perform histologist identification of normal and abnormal tissues from the cardiovascular, endocrine, urinary, respiratory and digestive systems.
PURPOSE OF THE COURSE
The aim of teaching anatomy is to provide the learner with an in-depth knowledge of the structure and function of the normal human body. This will enable the learner to apply knowledge in the day to-day manage of disease or conditions.
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES
By the end of this course, the student should be able to:
- Identify normal and abnormal structure of the cardiovascular, endocrine, urinary, respiratory, and digestive systems.
- Describe the normal structure these systems
- Describe clinical applications of these systems
- Describe common surface anatomical marks.
- Draw and label a diagram of a given body system/organ.
- Explain the relation between anatomy with other subject like surgery and medicine.