Medical Biochemistry: Structure And Function Of Biomolecules
This course introduced the core aspects of biochemistry such as cell biology, acid-base balance, enzymes, and structures and functions of carbohydrates, lipids, proteins and nucleic acids.
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES
As a result of studying the course, students will be able to:
- Describe and summarize the molecular and functional organization of cells.
- To calculate pH values of biological samples in order to understand the importance of acids and bases in the body and the various disorders arising from imbalances
- Explain the structure-function relationship and inter relationships of various bio molecules in health and disease.
- Explain the chemistry, function and deficiency disorders of vitamins and minerals
- Describe the basic and clinical aspects of enzymology with emphasis on diagnostic enzymes.
- Describe the working principles of various instruments in the biochemistry laboratory.
- Quantitative and qualitative identification of the various bio molecules in various biological samples.