Pharmacy Management & Pharmacoeconomics
The course focuses on equipping students with management skills, pharmacy economics, medicines management, stock management, forecasting and ordering skills and health financing.
This course introduces students on management skills, to be able to manage their own businesses at the same time be able to manage medicines in the stores and be able to determine the quantity to order, to stock and prioritize the medicines to stock.
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES
At the end of this course, the student is expected to be able to:
- Explain the basic concepts, principles, theories, and functions of management and organizations.
- Outline the functions of health management information systems.
- Outline the basic principles of public health sector financial management.
- Describe the basic concepts of health economics and pharmacoeconomics.
- Outline the key processes in human resource management.
- Describe the basic concepts and processes of health planning and policy making and their applications.
- Be able to describe medicines management cycle.
- Describe the methods of quantification and prioritize the medical supplies to order