Linguistics Research Perspective
The impetus behind this course is to equip students with the necessary knowledge in terms of linguistic research concepts. As a way of departure from the general research methods course that is offered within the Masters' programme, this course will help students, to clearly articulate cutting edge perspectives about research in linguistics especially in bilingual contexts.
1) Increase participants' confidence in their understanding of research methodology
2) Encourage participants to identify their research areas early in the course
3) Encourage the acquisition of linguistic research skills
4) Develop an understanding of contemporary and experiential linguistic research methods.
Course Learning Outcomes
Participants will be able to:
1) Demonstrate an understanding research methodology that is tailored towards linguistics
2) Apply the acquired linguistic research methods to develop draft proposals
3) Make valid choices of research methods in relation to their topics