Pharmacy Industrial Field Work
During this course, students are attached in groups to pharmaceutical industries where they participate (under the guidance of an industrial supervisor) in the production, quality control, storage, and distribution (where possible) of medicines manufactured in those industries. Industries vary in their product range and so students are expected to present their experiences after the placement period so that everyone can learn from the others.
PURPOSE OF THE COURSE
The course gives the student the opportunity to participate in activities carried out in medium and large scale pharmaceutical, cosmetics, food and beverages manufacturing industries.
THE COURSE OBJECTIVES
At the end of this course, the student is expected to:
1. Participate in procurement of raw materials and supplies used in the manufacturing industries.
2. Formulate products for the manufacturing industries.
3. Carry out unit processes in manufacturing of products in the industries.
4. Participate in labeling, packaging and storage of products.
5. Carry out quality assurance and control in the industries.
6. Participate in the current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) done in the industries.
7. Carry out marketing of products from these industries.
8. Learn database structures of the supply chain and production projections.
9. Get acquainted with the human resource in the industries.