Research Implementation And Report Writing
Having completed the research proposal
development in the previous semester, the student is now exposed to
either laboratory-based, clinic-based, community-based, or
industrial-based research under the supervision of a research
supervisor. Some lectures and tutorial sessions are included to
introduce the student to various types of research designs and methods,
and the tools available for data analysis.
As a scientist and lifelong learner, a pharmacist is expected to be competent in scientific research. This course helps to develop the skillset required to perform high quality independent scientific study in a relevant pharmaceutical field.
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES
The student is expected to:
1. Collect data in accordance with approved protocols and tools developed during roposal development stage
2. Analyse the data in accordance with specific objectives and study hypotheses
3. Write up the findings of the research and discuss them in a dissertation
4. Submit a dissertation at the end of the course
5. Present the main findings of the study to a panel of examiners appointed by the School