Engineering Project Management
This course provides a comprehensive understanding of how to plan, optimize and efficiently manage projects (or tasks) to implement products, services or developments. This includes building the structure, processes, components and linkages with a team for successful project delivery within schedule, budget and quality requirements.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
1. Provide graduates with current management knowledge and tools for communicating with logical, clear, and organized thinking.
2. Provide graduates with the expertise and confidence to assume leadership positions in technical environments by successfully managing and working in teams
3. Outline what a project is as well as understand the role and responsibilities of a project manager
4. create project plans, schedules and budgets
5. Select and develop appropriate management styles to successfully complete a project.
On completing this course, students are expected to:
1. select and use the appropriate tools to aid in managing a project
2. Clearly articulate ideas in group settings to a range of audiences
3. Demonstrate effective writing skills
4. Demonstrate active listening skills and foster open communication
5. Identify and articulate ethical issues
6. Make decisions consistent with societal and organizational standards
7. Recognize the need for, and demonstrating a desire for continuous learning
8. Demonstrating the ability to understand, analyze, and improve company practices through the use of current technology, analysis, and design