Advanced Wireless And Mobile Communications Systems
The course discusses the concepts of wireless and mobile communication using cellular environment. To make the students know about the various modulation techniques, propagation methods, coding and multi access techniques used in the mobile communication. Various wireless network systems and standards are to be introduced.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
1. Explain relative merits and demerits of wireless communication technologies
2. Select a wireless technology or a combination of technologies to suit a given application.
3. Plan a wireless communications system for a given environment in which it is to be deployed.
On completing this course, students are expected to:
1. familiarize with various generations of mobile communications
2. demonstrate the ability to understand the concept of cellular communication
3. apply the basics of wireless communication
4. Demonstrate knowledge of GSM mobile communication standard, its architecture, logical channels, advantages and limitations.
5. Demonstrate knowledge of IS-95 CDMA mobile communication standard, its architecture, logical channels, advantages and limitations.
6. Differentiate various Wireless LANs.