Radio Network Planning And Optimization
This course is targeted to provide details about Radio Network Planning &Optimisation, especially for Network Systems RF Engineering. It further provides a detailed understanding of Radio Network, Planning and Optimization. It gives knowledge on UMTS, its architecture and WCDMA Radio access network. The course includes planning, site survey, WCDMA Radio Resource Management, network dimensioning and cell planning.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
1. Explain Network Planning principles
2. Conduct Site Surveys and Drive tests
3. Explain Hopping concept used in GSM
4. Appreciate Coverage, Capacity and Quality planning issues
5. Discuss issues that are involved with Traffic modeling, Network dimensioning, Cell Planning and Optimization
On completing this course, students are expected to:
1. Discuss radio network planning and optimization of UMTS networks based on Frequency Division Duplex (FDD) WCDMA technologyup to Release 5 of the 3GPP standardisation work and including High-speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA).
2. Apply wide knowledge about Radio Resource Management.
3. Create project and prediction on Planning tool