This course will help the student understand the socio-economic factors that have evolved to influence the content of the Constitution of Uganda. The course is purposed to introduce the learners to the evolution and influence of historical development of the law. This course further introduces the concepts of constitutionalism, good governance, citizenship, rule of law .
- Explain the evolution and influence of historical developments upon contemporary reality.
- Analyze and explain how customary law and colonial law blend in constitutional development.
- Demonstrate the jurisprudence of the current constitutional framework.
- State the fundamental rights of a Ugandan Citizens and their redresal mechanism Explain the theory and practice of constitutionalism for a functional democracy.
- Analyze and internalize the constitutional principles for students who are aspiring to become constitutional law advocates.