Family Law And Succession
This course will enable a student to understand the nature and scope of family law and the function of family law in society. It also introduces a student to the law relating to matters and issues of children. Further it will help the students to understand the law relating to parental responsibility and also the law relating to succession.
By the end of the Course, students should be able to:
- Discuss the scope and function of Family law.
- Explain different types of marriages.
- Explain how different forms of marriages can be dissolved.
- Distinguish void from voidable marriages.
- Explore the rights of children and duties of the parents and the state towards children.
- Assess the duty of the State, parents and community towards children.
- Explain the institutional mechanisms for enforcing the rights of children.
- Discuss the law of testate and intestate succession and their implication to property.