This course will help students to understand the historical foundations of labour law and general labour rights in Uganda. This course will help students to understand the major sources and underlying principles of labour legislation and their interface with international Labour Conventions. The course also introduces the student to specificities like pensions, workers compensation, social security, occupational
- safety and settlement of disputes and industrial relations.
- By the end of the course, students should be able to:
- Discuss the colonial and post colonial historical undertones of labour law and labour relations.
- Discuss the rights and duties of employees and employers under an employment contract.
- Learn the major sources of labour legislation and the principles on which they are hinged on.
- Identify industrial disputes and their resolution.
- Discuss Labour Union Organisations and Employers Organisations.