Introduction To Psychology
Teacher trainees need to appreciate the role of psychology to education through the critical examination and application of psychological concepts and theories to understanding education, teaching and learning.
The course will introduce teacher trainees to the nature of and explain the key concepts of psychology, in relation to educational teaching/learning field
This course is intended to develop learners’ knowledge and skills of the theories of psychology and their application to education.
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES
- By the end of the course unit, students should be able to;
- Describe the nature of and explain the key concepts in/of psychology, in relation to educational teaching/learning field.
- Discuss the theories of psychology to modify the learning/teaching environment.
- Enhance peaceful conflict resolutions among students and fellow teachers
- Develop positive attitudes towards the students that they have to teach
Instill a culture of group work among student teachers and the students that they teach