History Of Education
Course Content and Outline
- Education, its definition, origin and the influence of Greek Philosophical thoughts to its development (5 Hours)
- African perception of education, education of the informal type, advantage and disadvantages. A close analysis on functional education in the African settings (5 Hours)
- The inception of formal education in Uganda (5 Hours)
- Definition of formal education, opposite informal education.
- Missionary activity on educational – educational from the occident.
- The Muslim/Arab role on education, education from the orient.
The development of formal education, a survey on (5 Hours)
- The 1924 – 2 Phelps-Stokes Commission and its recommendation.
- The 1927 education ordinance.
- The 1940 education and 1953 education committees.
Colonial and missionary characteristics of education, 1998 – 1962 (5 Hours)
The aftermath of independence, survey on the challenges of education in Uganda from Idi Amin time to 1986 (5 Hours)
The 1987 National Education Policy Review Commission and its implication on the education of Uganda. That’s the SentezaKajubi Report (5 Hours)
A close analysis of Uganda education development. A look at the implementation of the Kajubi Education Report (5 Hours)
The Ministry of Education ESIP (Education Strategy Investment Plan, 1997 – 2003) (5 Hours)
MODE OF DELIVERY
- Reading assignments
- Practical assignments
INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS AND / OR EQUIPMENT
- Whiteboard and Markers
- Flip Charts
- LCD Projectors
- CDs, DVDs and Tapes