Human Growth And Development
Understanding of developmental processes offers guidelines for effective educational practice. The study of human development is critical for learners to understand how cognitive, emotional, and social developmental patterns of young people affect their academic and non-academic development and the educational implications.
The course provides an opportunity for the study of human development. The course examines the cognitive, emotional, and social developmental patterns of young people and their academic and non-academic implications.
The course aims to develop learner’s knowledge and skills of human development and how they apply to education settings, to enable them generate teaching strategies based on theories, constructs, and concepts in human development.
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES
By the end of the course, students should be able to:
- Explain the importance of learning experiences in shaping human lives
- Develop classically conditioned responses to specific classroom environment.
- Apply the principles of learning to eliminate unwanted behaviours in a school setting.
- To improve learners general study habits to improve their performance.
- Identify key concepts within human development and how they apply to education settings
- Generate teaching strategies based on theories, constructs, and concepts in human development