Teacher trainees need a pedagogical framework from which to draw to focus, refine, and reflect on their own practice.
The basic concepts of teaching, instructional objectives, commonly practiced methods of teaching, psychological/learning theories and implications for teachers; techniques of teaching, planning for teaching and classroom management and control.
The purpose of this course is to help students establish a sound professional base on which to build a successful teaching career.
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES
By the end of the course unit, students should be able to:
- Explain the difference between method, technique and skill.
- Explain the methods used in child centered learning and teacher-centered teaching
- Enumerate the advantages of child centered methods in teaching
- State the techniques and skills needed for effective teaching
- Select the teaching methods, techniques and skills suitable for specific classes and learning situations.