Human Learning And Instruction
The cognition, learning, and instruction area focuses on complex processes of human thinking and their application to learning and instruction. Student teachers need to receive training that emphasizes cognitive and motivational theories as they apply to learning from early childhood through adulthood and the systematic design of instruction.
The course will develop teacher trainees’ knowledge of the major theories and fields of study in human learning and instruction and relate the study of human development and learning theory to specific instructional procedures
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
By the end of the course, students should be able to:
- Identify major theories and fields of study in human learning;
- Relate the study of human development and learning theory to specific instructional procedures
- Distinguish between types of theories (developmental; learning) and their applications in varied and appropriate learning situations
- Analyze how learning takes place, through the different theories of learning.
- Anayze motivation, transfer of learning and life skills education plus memory and amnesia.