The selection of instructional materials to facilitate teaching and learning is a major responsibility of a teacher. Therefore it is important for a teacher to be knowledgeable of the various instructional materials available, their unique and special characteristics and the ways in which each can be used.
To equip students with Principles of preparation, knowledge and skills of using teaching/learning materials during teaching/learning process.
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon completion of this course, learners should be able to;
- Identify and acknowledge the following:
- Contribution of teaching/learning materials to learning
- General points of consideration in using teaching/learning resources
- Characteristics of good teaching aids
- Types of Instructional media and materials