Anatomy is the study of the structure of the body and the physical relationships between body systems. In this course, the student will be introduced to the structure and function of the human body. In addition to the basic concepts, the course will discuss the integumentary system, hematopoietic and lymphatic systems, skeletal system, Joints, respiratory system, and the cardiovascular system.
PURPOSE OF THE COURSE: To provide the learner with an in-depth knowledge on the structure and function of the normal human body. This will enable the learner to apply knowledge in the day to-day management of disease or pathological conditions.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES:
By the end of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain important terminologies and concepts in anatomy
- Describe and explain the principles and concepts of human genetics
- Describe the process of development of the human embryo
- Describe human cell, tissue, organ and systems structure and function
- Identify normal and abnormal structure of the human body.
- Describe the anatomy of the different body systems/organs.
- Draw and label a diagram of a given body system organ/system.