World Regions And Man's Settlement
World regions have different environments with different resource potentials and environmental challenges. This course therefore enables students to appreciate the different regions and develop an understanding of man’s diverse activity to each climatic region.
The course encampuses a wide variety of topical issues that range from man and his environment, diverse climatic regions of the world illustrated on a map, man’s adaptation mechanism to specific regional features on to distinct features in each region.
This course is aimed at introducing students to the different kinds of environment in the world while acquainting them with the set up and organization of the climatic regions of the world as well as recognizing man’s varied activities in each climatic region.
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES
By the end of the unit students should be able to:
- Identify different climatic regions of the world
- Explain and illustrate a map of the world showing the climatic regions of the world
- Describe each region with reference to the activities practiced.
- Explain man’s adaptation mechanisms to specific region.
- Identify distinct features in each region