Physical Background Of East Africa
The study of the physical set up of East Africa is a paramount in understanding the factors that shape the development of East Africa. This course therefore acquaints students with the knowledge of how physical features influence human activity and development trends in East Africa.
This course introduces students to the physical background of East African geo-historical facts. It exhibits the location shape, size, composition and extent of East Africa. Also, its scope covers the whole terrain of the East African region with physical regions and physical features. The course concludes by highlighting the location, size, regions, physical features, climate, vegetation and environment of East Africa.
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES
By the end of the course students should be able to:
- Describe the location, shape, size and the characteristics of East Africa.
- Describe the major physical regions of East Africa.
- Examine the climatic conditions of East Africa
- Examine the types of vegetation found in East Africa.
- Explain the environmental problems of East Africa