Nursing Skills I
The course enables the student to acquire knowledge, skills, and attitudes required in the process of carrying out different procedures when caring for patients on the wards.
The course aims to assist the student to apply the knowledge, skills and attitudes gained to carryout different procedures in the nursing practice.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOME
By the end of this course the students should be able to:
- Discuss the general principles of nursing procedures.
- Describe the management of equipment before, during, and after procedures.
- Demonstrate skills required in the clinical areas
- Describe care of patients during tube feeding, elimination, fluid and electrolyte balance
- Discuss the care required when caring for the skin of a patient/client in the clinical area
- demonstrate skills in the different procedures when caring for patients on the wards.