Business Law 11
This course will help the students to understand the role of agents in business dealings. The course further helps the students to understand the law relating to transfer of property in chattels and goods. This course will help a student to understand the obligations of a banker to a customer and vice-versa. The students will also be introduced to the different types of negotiable instruments and their role in business transactions. It will also help students understand how banking institutions are regulated. This course will also help students to understand the relationship of an insurer and insured, the importance of insurance and how it is regulated.
By the end of the course, students should be able to:
· Explain the agent principal relationship and attendant rights and obligations.
· Explore the role of agents in the goods and service industry.
· Distinction between a Sale of goods contract from other contracts.
· Explain the law that governs and regulates the transfer of property in goods.
· Identify the remedies available for the parties in the contract of sale.
· Explain how the financial institutions are regulated in Uganda
· Discuss banker-customer relationship and the duties they owe to each other and remedies.
· Discuss different form of negotiable instruments and rights of holders of the same.
· Understand the issue of security in the banking business.
· State and explain the general principles of insurance law.
· Discuss the role of insurance in business and other spheres of human activity, and interaction.