The Productive And Receptive Of Communication
Achievement of proficiency in the productive skills (speaking and writing) as well as in the receptive skills (listening and reading) constitute the major goal of any language teaching/learning activity. Consequently students of English need to be exposed to these important skills of communication since the experience gained in such endeavour not only affords them the opportunity to increase their own proficiencies, thus becoming better role models, but would also avail them the necessary insights in teaching the same skills.
- Make the student aware of the differences between productive and receptive skills in communication and what these differences entail in a teaching/learning environment.
- Sharpen the students’ awareness of poor mastery of productive and receptive skills and the various remedial options available to an English teacher.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
By the end of this course, students should be able to;
- Show an understanding of the differences between productive and receptive skills of communication.
- Demonstrate ability to detect defects in learner’s communication Vis-à-vis the four skills and know how to rectify them.
- Demonstrate an improvement in their communication skills in English.