Introduction To Study Of Kiswalhili Literature
The background of Kiswahili literature gives student an insight on all the genres of Kiswahili literature. It gives a reflection on the branches of literature which includes oral literature and written literature which prepares the student to understand briefly literary works and its criticism.
The course focus on introduction to general Kiswahili literature ;poertry, drama, prose and their compositions and its importance to the profession and the community.
- By the end of the course unit, students should be able to;
- Differentiate major genres of Kiswahili literature.
- Provide knowledge about the composition and structure of different genres of literature.
- Explain the significance of studying Kiswahili literature.
- Build the spirit of passion for literature in Kiswahili.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Students should be able to;
- Demonstrate knowledge about the major genres of Kiswahili literature.
- Compare and contrast different structure and composition of different genres of Kiswahili literature.
- Identify their areas of interest in the subject.