Language Skills In Kiswahili
The word ’Language skills’ simply mean communication. In the words of Stephen Covey, ” Communication is the most important skill in life, we spend most of our working hours commuicating”. This course helps students to express themselves both in written and spoken forms.
This course introduces students to Kiswahili Language as a tool for communication. It will look at the variation in Language usage: topic, audience and situation; styles of writing compositions;punctuation in writing;identification and correction of common grammatical and stylistic mistakes in oral and written Kiswahili.
By the end of the course unit, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to read at a reasonable speed with maximum comprehension.
- Engage in conversations, discussions and debates on various topics.
- Listen for the required information.
- Write a variety of coherent texts.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
On completion of this course, students will be able to;
- Portray knowledge of the salient listening and reading defects and how they can be corrected.
- Communicate effectively.
- Sustain their lives / earn a living through public speaking, writing coherent texts and reading materials.