This course is useful because it gives students the skills to use the Kiswahili Language meaningfully, which can also help them in their day to day life, for example in the writing of official documents and communicating in written form. In addition to that, this is one of the key areas taught in secondary schools, which makes it important to those intending to become teachers.
This course is entails the Kiswahili phonology, morphology, syntax and semantics in the light of traditional and modern theories of grammar such as structuralism, functionalism and generativism.
- By the end of this course, students should be able to;
- Mention all types of words use them in sentences.
- Punctuate sentences correctly.
- Discuss the various branches of linguistics and their inter- relationship.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
On completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Portray knowledge of the parts of speech of Kiswahili Language.
2. Write meaningful Kiswahili materials.
3. Show understanding of the various branches of linguistics and their inter- relationship.