This course introduces the concepts and theories of soioc-pscology and anthropology and is designed to equip students with knowledge and skills needed to describe, identify and compare psychological behaviours, and understand the basic principles and goals of psychology,sociology and social anthropology .
This course aims at providing the student with the knowledge and understanding of human beings in relation to their psychological and sociological behaviors and anthropology that is necessary for planning and providing nursing care during clinical practice.
Course Learning out comes
At the end of the course, the students should be able to:
- Define key concepts in social- psychology and anthropology
- Explain the relationship between nursing, socio psychology and anthropology
- Explain the relationship between human behavior, health and illness.
- Outline the mind theories
- Describe theories of human development
- Outline the mental defense mechanisms
- Analyze psychological and anthropological factors that affect health in the community
- Identify the health needs of an individual that are influenced by their attitude and behavior, and plan for the nursing interventions, control and cope with emotions, and promote socialization with their clients