Kiswahili Oral Literature
Oral literature is among the literature genres which builds the foundation for student the field of literature. It empowers students with patriotic and focuses of developing reading and speaking skills. It makes the student to understand and appreciate his or her roots.
The course covers major genres of oral literature: folk tales, short stories, legends, narratives, poetic songs and recitations, proverbs, riddles, puzzles and tongue twisters etc.
By the end of this course, students should be able to;
- Appreciate the nature of oral literature and aims of teaching it in schools.
- Describe different genres of oral literature.
- Identify challenges facing oral literature.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
On completion of this course, students should be able to;
- Define oral literature and its genres.
- Analyze oral literature and demonstrate the ability to hand different elements of genres in class.
- Write poems and short stories.
- Identify themes, styles and techniques, forms used in oral literature.