Health Assessment & Nursing Process I: (normal)
This course introduces students to the concepts of health assessment. These skills can be applied to nursing care in a wide variety of clinical settings. The course introduces the nursing process as a scientific approach to care emphasizing critical thinking, clinical decision making and client safety within a broad spectrum of care. It emphasizes history taking and physical examination skills and includes laboratory/demonstration sessions.
The course aims to equip students with knowledge skills and attitudes required to assess the basic health status of individuals.
Course Learning outcome
Upon completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Systematically assess health status of an individual
- Apply the nursing process and critical thinking in nursing
- Discuss the various techniques used for observations and physical examinations
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal findings.
- Record accurately the findings of health assessment
- Determine the health status of clients/ patients and complete the nursing process to improve health care outcomes.