Sintaksia (kiswahili Syntax)
Knowing a language also means being able to put words together to form sentences and to express thoughts appropriately, syntax will equip students with this knowledge.
This course is tailored for Bachelor of Arts with Education & Bachelor of Education students being prepared to teach Kiswahili language in secondary schools. Its goal is to prepare, and equip students to have a good command of the language. Syntactic
concepts such as phrase, clause and sentence; introduction to theories of syntax –traditionalism, structuralism, transformational grammar will be looked at.
By the end of the course unit, students should be able to:
- Construct correct grammatical sentences.
- Analyze simple and complex Kiswahili sentences.
- Distinguish the various categories of Kiswahili sentences.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
By the end of this course, students are expected to;
- Show familiarity of the general methodology of syntactic description.
- Show understanding of the rules regarding the use of inflected forms.
- Show understanding of the various categories of sentences.
- Represent the structure of a sentence in a simple tree diagram.