Nursing In Occupational Health
The course introduces students to health hazards at the work environment. It integrates the contents on human and employee's rights, consumers' rights and potential causes and prevention of occupational health hazards.
This course aims at equipping the students with Knowledge, skills and proper attitudes towards identification, prevention and management of occupational health hazards at the work environment and in the community
Course Learning Outcomes
By the end of this course, the students should be able to:
- Discuss the workman's compensation act
- Define terms: occupational health, health hazards, human rights, a consumer, consumer rights, and employee rights.
- Discuss infection prevention and control measures
- Explain preventive measures for occupational health hazards
- Explain the Hospital policy on occupational health
- Explain the international labour organization Act
- Identify potential causes of occupational health hazards
- Describe the roles of a nurse in promoting occupational health
- Demonstrate ability to apply the acquired knowledge, skills and attitudes to promote occupational health.
- Create awareness of occupational health hazards among colleagues and the community.