Introduction To Church History In Africa
Knowledge of the most important Christian theologians in their historical context is critical for a religious education student. It enables the student to examine the theological, social, historical, intellectual, cultural, political, and popular influences upon the development of early Christianity through the establishment of the imperial Christian church in the late 4th century.
To acquire knowledge on how Christianity started and spread. It is also to introduce students to the major movements, events and people who have contributed to the development of Christianity.
The course aims to enable students to analyze various historiographic perspectives regarding the development of the early Christian church.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
By end of the course unit, students should be able to:
- Discuss the growth and development of the church.
- Understand the development of heresies’ and doctrines.
- Understand the causes of persecutions and inquisitions in church.
- Understand how the church solves its internal problems
- Know the causes and effect of schisms in the church