The course explores entrepreneurial management, challenges and opportunities in the business environment. It addresses critical issues such as innovation versus inventions, the creation of a successful business plan, the importance of continuing entrepreneurial personal development, the identification of business opportunities and threats, and understanding the impact of continuous innovation on business sustainability.
The aim of this course is to prepare the students in developing their knowledge, skills and attitudes needed to respond to the demands of a rapidly changing world and build on a universal philosophy of self-reliance and resourcefulness.
Expected Learning Outcomes
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
1) Describe how to evaluate the business environment and identify a viable business opportunity
2) Outline the procedures to be followed when starting a business
3) Explain the factors liable to affect the success of a business
4) Participate in hands-on entrepreneurial skills develop business plan.
5) Discuss entrepreneur’s contribution to National Development