Introduction To Hadith
This course is designed to equip a student teacher of Islamic Religious Education with the relevant knowledge and insight into how the traditions of the Prophet addresses itself to the contemporary spiritual, moral, social, economic and political issues. In particular, it should focus on the relevant teachings and sessions drawn from the Hadith as a book of guidance to the Islamic morality/good conduct since it is the second source Islamic law in the Muslim’s faith and ethics as it seeks to map out his/her way forward in a milieu of present day world’s challenges/problems.
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES
By end of the course unit, students should be able to:
- Discuss the role of Hadith for the guidance of man in various aspects of life.
- Develop in student teachers the ability to analyze, appreciate and teach the application of the Islamic basic teachings
- Internalize the fact that the Hadith is a complete code of a Muslim’s life
- Equip student teachers with tools to understand Islamic ethics
- Help students acquire basic ability to understand and interpret correctly the message of the Quran using Hadith.
- To be able to explain the study of the science and development of the Prophetic traditions.