Methodology Of Teaching Religious Education
Relgious Education being an interdisciplinary subject, it requires a lot knowledge and skills for delivery.Teacher trainees need a pedagogical framework from which to draw to focus, refine, and reflect on their own practice of teaching and avoid indoctrinating.
This course introduces students into theories and practice concerning strategies and resources in the teaching of religious education. An in depth critical analysis of the various methodologies and resources ion the teaching of Religious Education.
The purpose of this course is to help students establish a sound professional base on which to build a successful teaching career.
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES
By end of the course unit, students should be able to:
- Define the meaning of religious Education.
- State the aims of Religious Education.
- Describe an objective and formulate specific ones for Religious Education.
- Identify the needs and make use of suitable scheme of work.
- Organize a detailed lesson plan for teaching Religious Education.
- Identify the need for evaluation and how to do it in Religious Education.