Architectures And Protocols For Wireless Sensor Networks
This course provides an essential study of issues and methods in wireless and sensor networks.Students will explore current sensor technologies by researching key areas such as algorithms, protocols, hardware, and applications. Students will learn about embedded operating system such as TinyOS, a prominent application development environment for sensor systems using Motes.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
1. describe the unique issues in sensor networks
2. Describe current technology trends for the implementation and deployment of wireless sensor networks.
3. Discuss the challenges in designing MAC and routing protocols for wireless sensor networks.
4. Gain an understanding of WSN Standards and future trends in WSN.
On completing this course, students are expected to:
1. Demonstrate the ability to discuss the essential communication, control, optimization, and signal processing tools to cope with WSNs
2. Design practical WSNs
3. Develop a research project on WSNs