Nursing Research I (introduction To Nursing Research)
During this course the students will be acquainted with the research process and various research methods. Quantitative and qualitative research methods and approaches will be discussed.
The course aims to equip the student with knowledge in the research process so as to be able develop research problems and evaluate research studies.
Course Learning out comes
By the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Identify the significance of research to the practice of nursing
- Describe the steps in the nursing research process.
- Distinguish between quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Identify advantages and disadvantages to the various approaches of nursing research.
- Evaluate strengths and weaknesses of a published research report.
- Discuss strategies for utilization of research in nursing practice in Uganda.
- Develop a nursing research problem statement, supported by literature and applicable to practice in a selected area.