Health Assessment & Nursing Process Ii (disorders)
This course builds on the general concepts of Health Assessment I (normal). It includes assessing the abnormal patient conditions, developing and implementing individualized nursing care plans, and evaluating the effectiveness of nursing interventions for various health conditions.
The course aims to expose students to advanced nursing practice with ability to identify abnormalities in different body systems.
Course Learning Outcome
Upon completion of the course, the student should be able to apply the nursing process to:
1. Identify clients/patients with specific health conditions
2. Conduct physical examination, systematically, for different clients/patients
3. Analyze data to determine health status and nursing care needs of the client/patient
4. Make correct nursing diagnoses of the client/patient examined
5. Develop and implement care plan for three (3) of the priority diagnoses.
6. Evaluate effectiveness of nursing interventions
7. Write a case study on a specific health problem on each of the body systems e.g. endocrinal, cardiac & respiratory, reproductive etc.
8. Implement the nursing process to provide quality care to clients and patients with different conditions and disorders.