Course Content and Outline
- Process of inflammation, healing and repair
- Tumours involving parts of the body.
Aetiology, pathogenesis, clinical presentation and complications of: 20 hrs
- Infections and communicable diseases
- Common genetic, haematologic, endocrine, urinary, reproductive, digestive, cardiovascular, respiratory, neurologic and musculoskeletal system disorders
- Pathology of water and electrolyte imbalances
- Skin and its appendages disorders
- Role of a nurse in carrying out the investigative procedures used in the management of various pathological disorders.
Common immunodeficiency disorders 15 hrs
- Auto-immune diseases and mechanism of rejection/failure to take up transplantation of organ/tissue by the recipient’s body.
Mode of delivery (teaching methods)
- Modified lecture
- Group discussion and presentation
- Demonstration in the clinical laboratory